Why wasn't my bag picked up?
Only transparent blue, green and clear bags will be picked up at curb side. Green Organics bags are picked up every week whereas blue Recyclables bags and clear Garbage bags are picked up on alternating weeks. Potential reasons for bags not being picked up:
- Wrong type of bag for the week, e.g. blue bag on clear week or clear bag on blue week.
- Black bag. (Only transparent blue, green and clear bags are picked up).
- Bag contained hazardous materials like propane tanks, chemicals, paint, etc.
- Bag contains other non-collectable waste like construction material, tires, ashes, etc.
- Bag was too heavy.
- No sorting effort was made.